A Tale of the Ragged Mountains

"A Tale of the Ragged Mountains" by Edgar Allan Poe

7:24 PM

Summary from goodreads:
"Suspense, fear and the supernatural provide the center for this tale by the master prose writer. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1603664.A_Tale_Of_The_Ragged_Mountains

"A Tale of the Ragged Mountains" is a short story written by the well-known Edgar Allan Poe. There were a couple of strange things that happened in the story, and personally, I had to go back to it multiple times to understand what actually happened. The first time I read it, I sort of just went along with it until  the very end, and I was just so hopelessly confused so my only choice was  to read it another time. The second time I read it, the ending still confused me quite a bit and it made me think a little to understand the story to my fullest potential. Stories that are written in a way to make the reader think is one of favorite types of writing. I like them a considerable amount more than stories that hand everything to you on a silver platter. This is now one of my favorite stories and I can not think of anything I don't like about "A Tale of the Ragged Mountains". Most of the stories I have read from Edgar Allan Poe are usually horror stories where a living thing usually has a gruesome death, but this book was different. In fact, this is the first book I have read from this author where the narrator wasn't the psychotic and emotionally ill character. It was more of a mysterious book to me, and the way the plot was carried out was really unique.
I definitely recommend this book to anyone that is looking for a quick read but wants a book that is worth every second of their time. And if you do read it and understand it from the first time you read it then I give you my respect and admiration.

You Might Also Like

0 comments