top ten books

Top Ten Books I Want to Read

6:23 PM



10) Time Machine/The Invisible Man - by H.G Wells


Both of these books (written by the same person) are sci-fi novels with plots revolving around scientists taking their hobby a little too far. I only recently became interested in science fiction, so I have't read that many books from that specific genre so far (but I fully intend to).


9) Eleanor and Park - by Rainbow Rowell


I am personally not a huge fan of romance novels. I read one from time to time and I do enjoy it when those rare occurrences come by, but I have to really be in the mood for it. Eleanor and Park seems like one of those romance books I would enjoy. It isn't that the book is out of the ordinary or anything. In fact, from the summary, it seems very cliche: quirky girl and perfect boy are afraid to fall in love but 'brave and desperate enough to try'. I just feel like it would be refreshing to read this book in particular. It might be because it seems to go back to the cliches and stereotypes of relationships (and I might be completely wrong about this notion) or because I haven't read a dominantly romantic novel in a long time, but I look forward to reading Eleanor and Park.


8) Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl - by Jesse Andrews


Not going to lie, the main reason this book caught my attention was the depressing title. I am a bit skeptical about this book because it involves a girl with leukemia and I don't want to relive the whole The Fault in Our Stars experience. As far as I can tell however, the main character does not fall in love with the dying girl. Aside from that, I am really excited to start reading Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl. It seems witty, emotional, and humorous, and I am all for that combination of characterstics being bundled up into one book.


7) The Tower, the Zoo, and the Tortoise - by Julia Stuart


It involves a hundred and twenty year old tortoise, a man named is Balthazar, and runaway penguins. I'm expecting it to be similar to The Night at the Museum, but with the Queen's animals in a tower. What more can I ask for.  


6) I Called Him Necktie - by Milena Michiko Flasar, Sheila Dickie


This book is about a shut in living in Tokyo who deprives himself of human interaction slowly reentering the world. The thing I find interesting about this is set in Japan written by a German author. The diversity this book has without even reading a single page is quite compelling and happens to be the main reason its on this list.


5) Falling Into Place - by Amy Zhang


This book discusses one of the most depressing topics there are: suicide. From what I've read about this book, it is written in third person, but the narrator is eventually revealed which gives it a mysterious aspect to it. I find this interesting and very different because I personally can't imagine reading anything with a narrator that is not revealed until late in the story. 


4) Tell the Wolves I'm Home - Carol Rifka Brunt


This is one of those books I'm afraid to read because I know for a fact that it's depressing and I am most likely going to cry. To be completely honest, that is probably the only reason I haven't read it yet.


3) Eleven - by Tom Rogers



Eleven is about a kid with an uneventful life who happened to turn 11 on 9/11. This is a very risky book to read because it deals with 9/11, but I am quite interested because I haven't come across any YA books that deal with such a heavy event.


2) Perfect - by Rachel Joyce


I've read The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by the same author and it is now one of my favorite books. This book is about an eleven year old boy's uneasiness due to the idea that two seconds were added in 1972. One day, his mother makes a terrible mistake, and he is worried that the two seconds that were added are to blame. The plot is interesting enough for me to read, and I'm expecting great things from this novel. 


1) The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil - by Stephen Collins


I read the summary and was instantly reminded of Hagrid. Need I say anything else?

You Might Also Like

0 comments